Shearith Israel’s history is a legacy for our future. Join Shearith Israel, experience all that we have to offer, and help make our future as inspiring as our past. Membership dues and other donations support Shearith Israel’s programs and services.
Membership to our congregation includes:
· Admission to High Holidays
· Access to our beautiful sanctuary for all the joyous occasions in your life
· Support of lifecycle events and in times of need
· Dynamic opportunities for women to participate in services
· Warm, diverse, international community
· Vibrant Hebrew school and Youth programming
· Fair share dues system which ensures no one will be turned away based on financial considerations.
Full membership includes seating in the Main Sanctuary for Rosh HaShanah and Kippur as well as burial rights in our cemetery. Our full members also enjoy special rates for rental of our facilities, our Hebrew School, and our Toddler Program. Full membership is $2050 for individuals and $2850 for couples and families.
Add-On Family Membership
Add-on Family Membership is geared towards parents who would like their children to be assigned a seat in our Main Sanctuary and costs $300 per child.
Young People’s Membership
(Up to age 30)
Young People's Membership is identical to our Full Memberships and is offered to individuals or couples where the older spouse is up to age 30. Family $1000, Individual $750.
Many of Congregation Shearith Israel's friends live far from New York City or are active members of other synagogues, but wish to be a part of our community as well. Associate Membership is available at $850 for individuals and $1275 for couples and families and includes seating in the Parallel Service for Rosh HaShanah and Kippur.
To learn more about membership and other opportunities to support Shearith Israel, please contact Executive Director Barbara Reiss at email@example.com.