Celebrate 27 years of women reading the Megillah on Purim morning at Shearith Israel. Contact Mrs. Lisa Rohde for more information.
learn more →
In August of 1829, Shearith Israel’s third cemetery was consecrated. It was located on Twenty First Street just west of Sixth Avenue
The oldest of our extant cemeteries is known as the Chatham Square Cemetery. It is located in Chinatown at 55 St. James Place. The land was originally purchased in 1682 by Joseph Bueno de Mesquita.